Vegetarian Foodservice Recipe: Falafel Burger on a Mushroom Base
Recent research shows that more than 5% of the UK population are vegetarian, that’s 3 million diners. These diners need vegetarian menu options and frequent the venues that provide vegetarian menu options.
Fry’s Family Foods help you to provide vegetarian menu options not just through delicious and nutritious vegetarian food products, with easy to follow menu ideas too.
Register for a cookbook
1 Box FRY’S QUINOA & FRESH
CILANTRO FALAFEL BURGERS
1 Small red cabbage
1/2 Red onion
1/2 tbsp Syrup
1 tbsp Vinegar
1 tbsp Olive oil
1/4 tsp Cayenne pepper
4 tbsp Tahini paste
3 tbsp Water
- Cabbage slaw: Thinly slice cabbage and red onion. Lightly whisk together the syrup, vinegar, olive oil, cayenne pepper and a pinch of salt. Combine with the cabbage and onion.
- Tahini Sauce: Whisk tahini, lemon juice, creamed garlic, salt and pepper, slowly adding water until creamy.
- Mushrooms: Place mushrooms in tinfoil, drizzle olive oil, salt, pepper and margarine. Close the tinfoil to create a bag and place on the barbecue for approximately 10 minutes.
- Fry the Falafel Burgers as per instructions on pack, Or if you prefer to cook on the barbecue, brush with oil and place on top of tin foil or a foil tray on the griddle.
- Build the burger: Spoon tahini sauce onto the mushrooms, and layer on peppadews™. Place a Falafel Burger on each mushroom, top with red cabbage slaw and drizzle with tahini sauce.
- Garnish with fresh rocket and toasted mixed seeds and cranberries.
Visit our website here