Vegetarian Foodservice Recipe: Fry’s Traditional Burger
Recent research shows that more than 5% of the UK population are vegetarian, that’s 3 million diners. These diners need vegetarian menu options and frequent the venues that provide vegetarian menu options.
Fry’s Family Foods help you to provide vegetarian menu options not just through delicious and nutritious vegetarian food products, with easy to follow menu ideas too.
For a copy of our eCookbook just send us an email and we will send you a copy by reply.
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
- Seed mix (of your choice – such as sunflower, sesame and poppy seeds)
- 1 white onion, sliced
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 boxes Fry’s Traditional Burgers
- 4 health rolls (of your choice)
- Avo and Peppadew Salsa
- 2 avocados
- 12 Peppadews, thinly sliced
- handful of fresh coriander, chopped
- salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 cucumber, sliced into ribbons using a veggie peeler
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- Light the braai.
- Toast the seed mix in a dry pan until golden and fragrant.
- Fry the white onion slices in a little oil in a hot pan until golden and crispy. Season.
- Brush each Fry’s Traditional Burger patty with olive oil and braai over hot coals until golden.
- Slice the rolls in half, brush with olive oil and toast until golden.
Avo and Peppadew Salsa
- Using a fork, mash one avocado into a smooth paste.
- Chop the second avocado into rough chunks.
- Add the avocado chunks, peppadews and coriander to the mashed avocado.
- Place cucumber ribbons and radish on the bottom half of a roll.
- Top with a Fry’s Traditional Burger patty, red onion slices and a second Fry’s Traditional Burger patty.
- Top with avo salsa, fried onion and a sprinkling of the toasted seed mix.
- Season and cover with the top half of the roll.
Visit our website here