By Angela Green, Content Executive: IoH Restaurant Manager of the Year 2023 finalists announced.
The shortlist for the IoH’s Restaurant Manager of the Year 2023 will see 16 finalists battle it out for this year’s coveted title.
Now in its 13th year, the competition recorded the highest number and calibre of entries seen to date, with shortlisted candidates spread across the UK. All entrants this year will receive a special follow-up mentoring session from one of the RMOY judges.
RMOY shortlist finalists 2023
- Igor Bassi, Il Borro Tuscan Bistro, London
- Sian Buchan, Pine, Northumberland
- Sofia Chatzistergiou, Cakes & Bubbles by Albert Adrià, Hotel Café Royal, London
- Graeme Cumine, L’Enclume, Cumbria
- Olivier Fasolo, Deloitte/ Compass Group, London
- Antonino Forte MIH, Galvin at Windows, London Hilton on Park Lane, London
- Christie Hayes, Beach House Restaurant, Swansea, Wales
- Adam Hughes, The Jetty, Salcombe Harbour Hotel & Spa, Devon
- Rizwan Khan, Junsei, London
- Morgan Lewis, Eastwell Manor, Kent
- Stephanie McIver, The Refuge, Kimpton Clocktower Hotel, Manchester
- David Plant, The Castle Hotel, Taunton
- Liam Simpson, The Strathearn, The Gleneagles Hotel, Scotland
- Andrew Smith MIH, Fingal, Edinburgh, Scotland
- George Young AIH, Dakota Leeds
- Krzysztof Zubrzycki, Hakkasan Hanway Place, London
All the candidates will meet and be judged on a range of tasks at The Hotel Café Royal on 6 March 2023 when the day concludes with the live Winner’s Reception in front of a packed room of guests.
Congratulating the shortlisted finalists, IoH CEO Robert Richardson FIH MI said: “All the shortlisted candidates should be extremely proud to have made it this far in the competition.
“There is some amazing talent across the industry, and I can’t wait to see who will be crowned Restaurant Manager of the Year 2023. I would also like to say a massive thank you to our headline sponsors The Hari, London, to The Hotel Café Royal, London again for their kind support in hosting this event for us and to sponsors Prosecco DOC. It will be an incredible day of competition and evening of celebration.”
Along with the trophy and prestigious title of Restaurant Manager of the Year 2023, the winner will also receive:
- A bespoke professional development programme for the winner to assist them in their current role and develop their career.
- A year of tickets to attend the top IoH 2023 events, including Above & Beyond and the Fellows’ Dinner.
- A selection of Prosecco supplied by the event sponsor, Prosecco DOC.
- 1 Year IoH membership.
IoH Head of Events & Commercial Sarah Peters FIH who plans and organises the annual competition commented: “It is wonderful to see so many amazing restaurant managers come forward this year from all over the country and from so many different sectors of the industry. It is encouraging to see the excellent talent we have in the hospitality industry.”
She continued: “This year will be a hard-fought final, but all our talented semi-finalists will be supported by an RMOY judge to help them through their individual journey to the final. I wish all of them the best of luck.”
Buy tickets to the RMOY 2023 Winner’s Reception here.
Institute of Hospitality Golf Day 2023 now open for bookings