Prepared by Charlene Garnesh
Serves 4 – 6
Cooking time 35 minutes
- 2 packs Fry’s Meat Free Crispy Prawns
- ¼ tsp. turmeric powder
- ¼ tsp. chilli powder
- 3 tbsp. cashews
- 3 whole cardamom pods, broken
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tsp. black pepper corns
- 6 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- 1 ½ tsp ginger and garlic paste
- Salt to taste
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ cup tomato, finely chopped
- ½ tsp garam masala
- 2 green bell peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 can coconut milk
- Coriander (dhania) to garnish
- Season Fry’s Prawns with turmeric powder and chilli powder, and fry in 3 tablespoons of oil following instructions on pack.
- Drain and set aside. Toast cashews, cardamom pods, cinnamon sticks, and pepper corns in a skillet over medium heat until toasted.
- Remove and set aside.
- Heat 3 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, add onion and garlic and ginger paste and cook until the onion is soft.
- Add salt, bay leaf, tomato, garam masala, and bell peppers and cook through.
- Mix in prawns, toasted ingredients and coconut milk and allow to simmer between 2-3 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander.
- Best served with naan bread or rice.
If you would like a copy of our recipe book, LUNCHBOXES and QUICK MEALS send us an email and we will forward by reply
Visit our website here