Considerate Hoteliers, Suppliers and Judges have gathered for a grand luncheon in the beautiful Carlyle Room at the Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park, London to celebrate the best in environmental, sustainable and socially responsible performance within the UK as well as the International hotel industry.
The Good Egg Award
First time attendee and guest speaker Simon King OBE received ‘The Good Egg’ Award, sponsored by Con-Serve, which Considerate Hoteliers awards to those pathfinders who have proven to be inspirational, motivational with exemplary dedication, and who use innovative ways to encourage others to share their knowledge.
Additionally, the founder of one of Considerate Hotelier’s partner organization Whole World Water, Karena Albers, addressed the guests with an inspiring call for action for saving water, which has the potential to placing our industry at the forefront of such an initiative and lead through fantastic examples.
As a further embellishment to the event, Considerate Hoteliers were very proud to have announced two new categories to the Awards; the Considerate Spa & Well Being Award, as well as the Slow Food Chef of the Year Award in conjunction with Slow Food UK.
This year’s very impressive list of judges was proof of the increasing recognition within the international industry for the Awards, with leading experts from organisations such as NH Hotels, Spas, Trip Advisor, and Food specialists as well as seasoned professionals from the Hospitality sector.
- UK Considerate Hotel of the Year 2015 (Sponsored by Berendsen): Belmond Le Manoir Aux Quat’Saisons
- International Considerate Hotel of the Year 2015 (Sponsored by Parmigiano Reggiano)
- Oetker Collection’s – Fregate Island Private (Seychelles)
- Considerate Spa & Wellness Award 2015 (Sponsored by Aslotel):
- Soukya, Holistic Health Centre- India
- Slow Food Chef of the Year 2015: Amandine Chaignot- The Rosewood London
- Considerate Small Hotel of the Year 2015 – National & International: Cedar Manor Hotel (Cumbria)
- The Considerate Special Commendation Award: Battlesteads (Northumbria)
- Considerate Supplier of the Year 2015: Hypnos Beds
About Considerate Hoteliers
Created in 1991 Considerate Hoteliers was the first association of like-minded hoteliers, whose purpose it is to encourage, assist, cajole and motivate fellow hoteliers to adopt sustainable, environmentally friendly and socially responsible practices.
For more information click here