There are now only 9 days left for Schools, Colleges and Universities to enter the first ever FreeFrom Eating Out Awards. Entry for this category, a vital one for children and for young allergics leaving home for the first time, closes on 30th September 2014. The category is sponsored by Thomas Ridley Foodservice.
The FreeFrom Eating Out Awards celebrate excellence in gluten-free, dairy-free and allergen-free food and general allergy awareness within the food service sector – in advance of the new allergen declaration regulations coming into force in December this year.
The awards are sponsored by Sodexo and the other categories, which are already closed for entry, include:
- Restaurants – sponsored by Riso Gallo
- Pubs and pub restaurants – sponsored by Green’s Gluten-free Beers
- Cafés, tea shops and takeaways – sponsored by Nairn’s
- Guest Houses and B&Bs
- Foods manufactured for food service – sponsored by Genon Laboratories
- A shortlist will be published in early October.
- The presentation will be at the Foos matters Live Event on 18 November at Excel.
The awards have been launched by the team who have run the very successful FreeFrom Food Awards for the last seven years and the equally successful FreeFrom Skincare Awards for the last three years. The team is headed up by Michelle Berriedale-Johnson, editor of the FreeFromMatters food allergy and intolerance websites and ‘freefrom’ expert.
For more information on the awards click here