By Angela Green, Content Executive, H&C News: Institute of Hospitality Golf Day in partnership with Caterer.com raises £5,225 for Youth Council.
The inaugural Institute of Hospitality Golf Day in partnership with Caterer.com was a huge success in many ways, most importantly raising £5,225 for the IoH Youth Council.
Held last month at The Belfry Hotel & Resort, eighteen teams from across hospitality and catering came together for a day of golf. The weather was perfect, as was the course, and our reporting buggy was kept busy capturing the action of the day.
When the last putt was made, the golfers took to the 19th to enjoy some refreshments and relax in The Sutton Suite overlooking the Brabazon’s signature 10th hole before dinner.
Before dinner framed certificates were presented to all the teams that took part and the winners were announced and awarded their trophies.
The Longest Drive Award went to Jack Ward from Ecolab.
The Nearest the Pin Award went to Paul Adde from Bankbrokers.
And the Wining Team Award with the lowest score for the day went to Williams Refrigeration.
Well done all.
Dinner was then served…
- Chef’s Choice Canapés.
- Starter: North Berwick Gin Cured Bass Rock Salmon, Fennel & Radish Salad, Jersey Royals & Chive Salad, Lemon Emulsion.
- Main: Roasted Fillet of Beef, Gratin Dauphinoise, French bean & Carrot Bundle, Roast Carrot Puree, Rich Red Wine Jus.
- Dessert: Trio of belfry desserts 2022.
The menu read well and tasted even better, the chefs as well as the front of house team were called out for a well-deserved hearty round of applause.
The auction and prize draw then followed.
The prize draw had two items, and both were truly exceptional.
- A Tasting Menu for 6 with accompanying wines at Executive Chef, John Williams MBE’s Michelin-starred Ritz Restaurant.
- A Tasting Menu for 4 in Harrods Social by Jason Atherton including Harrods Champagne on arrival and Jason Atherton wine flights.
Two individual ticket holders were awarded with their prizes before the auction that followed. We would like to say a massive thank you to both The Ritz London, and Harrods Social for their incredible generosity, your gifts contributed significantly to the funds raised.
The auction then followed with auctioneer for the night Neil Fillbrook, President North America, UK & Ireland, Bankbrokers. If Fillbrook hadn’t gone into banking…
The auction items were as follows:
- Dakota Manchester: A Sunday stay for two in the luxurious Grand Deluxe Suite to include breakfast the following morning.
- Maryculter House: Two nights Bed and Breakfast, with dinner on the first night, Afternoon tea on the second day and a tour of Crathes Castle for 2 people.
- The Ritz London: Ritz Experience gift voucher to the value of £250.
- The Manor House Golf Club/Exclusive Collection: 4 ball plus 2 buggies at The Manor House Golf Club.
- Champneys Eastwell Manor Kent: A stay for 2, dinner and breakfast, with full spa access.
- The Lowry Hotel: Overnight stay in a Business Executive Room with Breakfast for Two.
- The Hari: Overnight stay for two on a Friday or Saturday with complimentary brunch in Il Pampero.
- The Hard Rock Hotel London: One night stay for two people to include breakfast and Bottomless Brunch for two at Hard Rock Cafe Oxford Street.
- The Red Carnation Hotel Collection: Afternoon tea for 2 at The Chesterfield Mayfair – or The Montague on the Gardens – or The Rubens at the Palace.
- HIT Training: A case of wine delivered to your home address.
- Hempstead House Hotel & Spa: An overnight stay inclusive of spa use and dinner. This can be a Sunday to Monday with any treatments.
Fillbrook did a sterling job, a great number of diners got involved, the bidding was generous, raising even more for the IoH Youth Council.
Guests that joined the day left knowing many more hospitality people than when they arrived. All enjoyed a great day of golf, a great dinner, and helped raise a great amount of money for a great cause, the Institute of Hospitality Youth Council.
Reflecting on the day Robert Richardson, FIH, CEO of the Institute of Hospitality told us: “I am delighted to announce that due to such an incredibly successful first event the Institute of Hospitality Golf Day is now officially an annual event.”
In 2023 the Institute of Hospitality Golf Day in partnership with Caterer.com will take place on 25th May at The Belfry Hotel & Resort.
A four-ball team including dinner in the evening is £1,195.
If you are interested in joining the event is 2023 simply drop an email to organisers H&C News via – Editor@HandCNews.com