Preferred Hotels & Resorts, the world’s largest independent hotel brand, has announced an array of winners from around the world of hospitality at its annual Preferred Awards of Excellence and GIFTTS Pineapple Award initiatives.
Headlining the awards for the UK being named as Hotelier of the Year is Sally Beck, General Manager of the Royal Lancaster London. Beck leads an outstanding team who have won the Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies to work for multiple years running.
Beck also managed the multimillion refurbishment investment programme of the Royal Lancaster London and the hotel continues to be best in class offering the latest Smartstudio solutions for events.
Brenda Collin FIH, Managing Director – Preferred Hotels & Resorts- UK, Ireland, Nordics, Netherlands was delighted with the news saying: “Congratulations Sally, we are thrilled for you on your achievement. Thank you for your partnership!”
These awards recognise independent hotels and individual hoteliers represented within the brand’s worldwide portfolio that went above and beyond in their commitment to delivering meaningful travel experiences and selfless acts of genuine hospitality to their guests and local communities in 2019.
“We are thrilled to recognise the incredible efforts of these member hotels and their strong leaders for continuously demonstrating a steadfast belief in travel and setting new standards for the global travel community in how to deliver the best of the best in independent hospitality,” said CEO Lindsey Ueberroth. “While we had planned to announce these awards at our annual global conference in November, which we ultimately rescheduled to take place next year, there is no time like the present to celebrate the successes of those who inspire us and help spark renewed appreciation for the lasting, positive impact travel has on society.”
2020 Preferred Awards of Excellence
The Preferred Awards of Excellence recognise remarkable hotels and hoteliers across the company’s global network that excel in championing the Preferred Hotels & Resorts brand promise, Believe in Travel, and shine in their passion for both providing superior service and creating unique, memorable experiences that connect travellers to the authentic spirit of their chosen destination. Each hotel honoree ranks among the top in their respective regions as part of the bespoke Preferred Hotels & Resorts Integrated Quality Assurance programme – which takes into account the results of a professional on-site inspection and real-time guest feedback from the world’s top consumer review sites – and actively inspires travellers to pursue #ThePreferredLife.
Winners of the 2020 Preferred Awards of Excellence are as follows:
- Hotel of the Year Overall: Windsor Court Hotel (New Orleans, Louisiana)
- Hotel of the Year – Asia Pacific: The Fullerton Bay Hotel (Singapore)
- Hotel of the Year – United States & Canada: Hotel Californian (Santa Barbara, California)
- Hotel of the Year – Latin America: Aranwa Cusco Boutique Hotel (Cusco, Peru)
- Hotel of the Year – Mexico & Caribbean: Galeria Plaza Reforma (Mexico City, Mexico)
- Hotel of the Year – Europe: Hotel Regina Louvre (Paris, France)
- Hotel of the Year – India, Middle East & Africa: The Leela Palace New Delhi (India)
- New Hotel of the Year – Resort: Lelewatu Resort Sumba (Sumba Barat, Indonesia)
- New Hotel of the Year – City Centre: Amerikalinjen (Oslo, Norway)
- I PreferHotel of the Year – Co-Winners: Galeria Plaza Reforma (Mexico City, Mexico) and Royal Plaza on Scotts (Singapore)
- Hotelier of the Year:Sally Beck, General Manager, Royal Lancaster London (London, United Kingdom)
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Rajiv Kaul, The Leela Palaces, Hotels and Resorts (India)
11th Annual GIFTTS Pineapple Awards
Each year, Preferred Hotels & Resorts also recognises member hotels that take the meaning of genuine hospitality beyond their front doors by showcasing an outstanding commitment to philanthropy and sustainability as part of its GIFTTS (Great Initiatives for Today’s [Tomorrow’s] Society) programme. With more than 80 properties nominated for their exemplary efforts throughout 2019, the winners of the 11th annual GIFTTS Pineapple Awards are as follows:
- Philanthropy Winner – Sopwell House (St. Albans, United Kingdom)
- Sustainability Winner – NJV Athens Plaza (Athens, Greece)
- Inspiring Newcomer Award – Villa Copenhagen (Copenhagen, Denmark)
- Most Consistent Commitment – Wynn Resorts (United States/ International)
- Overall Corporate Social Responsibility Programme Winner – Gondwana Game Reserve (Mossel Bay, South Africa)
For more information on GIFTTS and specific initiatives executed by the individual winners, visit www.PreferredHotels.com/GIFTTS
H&C News would like to congratulate Sally Beck on her much deserved award
Copyright: All content in Hospitality & Catering News is protected by copyright.