Total Time 1 hour
Baking Time 35 mins
- 5 Pears, Soaked in Saffron & Blood Orange Liquor
- 4 Large Eggs
- 100g of Icing Sugar, (without caking agent)
- 20g of Butter
- 50g of Sesame Seeds
- 1 Banana
- 50g Icing Sugar
- 1 Vanilla Pod
- 20g Almonds
- 20g Hazelnuts
- 5ml Golden Syrup
- 20g Butter, Unsalted
- 100g Butter, Unsalted
- 100ml of Full Fat Milk
- 200ml of Water
- 50g Sugar
- Pinch of Saffron
- 1 Sprig of Lemon Thyme
- Zest & Juice out of one Lemon
- Zest & Juice out of one Blood Orange
- 200g RYE Flour, Sieved
- 2 TSP Baking Powder
Heat your oven to 170C/Fan
1. Use 24cm round baking tray, use your hand and spread butter all over it, than sprinkle with sesame seeds, place train in to the freezer.
2. Peel Pears.
3. Bring 200ml of Water, 50g Sugar, Pinch of Saffron, 1 Sprig of Lemon Thyme, Zest & Juice out of one Lemon, Zest & Juice out of one Blood Orange to boil, reduce the heat and add Pears, keep on low heat for 45mins, cool it. Transfer it to jar and leave it in the fridge for 3-5 days.
4. Bring ingredients Banana, 50g Icing Sugar, 1 Vanilla Pod, 20g Almonds, 20g Hazelnuts, 5ml Golden Syrup, 20g Butter Unsalted to boil, keep turning – ingredients could be easily burnt. Reduce until clear Mayonnaise – ish, type of texture. Cool it off.
5. Whisk Eggs until nice and Smooth consistency, add sugar and whisk further 3 minutes.
6. Add Banana & Almond Paste, keep whisking
7. Add Flour and Baking Powder, whisk slowly until smooth.
8. Poor in to the baking tray, put whole pears inside the mix, bake for 35mins
9. Once cool, spread melted chocolate all over it. ENJOY!!
10. Serve with Chocolate Ice Cream and Chefs Damian’s Home Made Pear Liquor.Chef Damian Wawrzyniak