The Best coffee shop in the UK is Four Corners in London, according to caffeine-loving fans voting in the first ever Coffee Stop UK Awards.
Over 60,000 votes were received across ten award categories celebrating the best of the country’s thriving coffee scene with Four Corners, an independent coffee shop in Waterloo scooping the top prize. Public voting for the Coffee Stop UK Awards took place from 4-13 May with winners announced at the Caffè Culture Show, the leading annual event for the UK café industry.
The Coffee Stop UK Awards are the brainchild of coffee lover and author Chris Ward whose best-selling book, Out of Office, extols the virtues of working more creatively by escaping the confines of the office for coffee shops. His popular London Coffee Stops Tube Map signposting the best coffee shops near each London Underground station was seen by over three million people in two weeks last year and prompted the launch of the London Coffee Stop Awards which attracted votes from over 18,000 coffee lovers from across the Capital.
The award winners
- Best coffee shop in the UK is Four Corners
- Established Coffee in Belfast for Tastiest bakes and cakes
- The Gentlemen Baristas in Waterloo, London for the UK’s Coolest baristas
- Four Corners in Waterloo for Best use of social media by a coffee shop
- Giro Cycles in Esher for UK’s Best coffee shop for cyclists
- 200 Degrees Coffee in Nottingham for Best coffee shop for Working ‘Out Of Office’
- Bean Shot Coffee in Somerset for Best coffee roasted in the UK
- Two Doors Down in Kentish Town, London for the UK’s Best new coffee shop
- Costa Coffee for the UK’s Best coffee shop chain
- Coffee Forums for the UK’s Best media for coffee
Caffè Culture Show Director Cheryl Carroll says: “These inaugural national awards champion the best of the UK’s thriving independent coffee scene. Voters have demonstrated in their tens of thousands their passion for speciality coffee and we wish every winning and highly commended coffee shop every success.”
The Caffè Culture Show (#CaffeCulture2015) is the leading annual event for the UK café industry and took place on 13-14th May at London Olympia.
For more information about Coffee Stops London click here
For more information about the Caffè Culture Show click here