The Sunday Times of 28 December identified six glamorous hotel openings in the UK to watch out for in 2015. Of course, these are just a few of the many openings to be expected from the flourishing UK hotel market – and H&C News expects to see many less-publicised but high quality openings during the year.
Already much heralded, the chosen six are:
- Bath: the Gainsborough is due to open in April – with direct access to the thermal springs.
- Oxfordshire: Soho House opens Soho Farmhouse in Great Tew in July – complete with 30 lakeside log cabins
- Hampshire: scheduled for Spring is Heckfield Place, in the grade II listed Georgian manor.
- Berkshire: scene of the Profumo scandal, Cliveden House completes its return to its previous splendour with an additional 13 bedrooms in the main building.
- London: Zetter Townhouse opens in fashionable Marylebone in the Spring, echoing its successful Clerkenwell model.
- London: the Lanesborough (pictured above) re-emerges after its closure for refit – expect an impressive return in the Spring.