By Denis Sheehan MIH, Publisher, H&C News: Top 20 News Pages 2022.
We are delighted to reveal the twenty most read pages of 2022, and even more delighted that news related to students, apprentices, learning, diversity, sustainability, disability, mentoring and inclusivity, are all interwoven throughout the list.
In a year where there was much news not to celebrate, readers of Hospitality & Catering News focused their reading time on all that’s positive, and the future of our great industry.
1. Students joined by Angela Hartnett and brigade for reopening of Rouge Restaurant.
2. Jason Atherton and John Williams MBE supporting hospitality’s youth.
3. Raymond Blanc and Sodexo Live! welcome first recruits to new apprentice academy.
4. The Roux Scholarship announce their 18 regional finalists 2022.
5. Silver servers boost retirement in hospitality.
6. Congratulations to everyone at Oakman, changing the world, one coffee at a time.
7. Be Inclusive Hospitality launches first UK Spotlight Awards.
8. Food waste: a global crisis that presents opportunities for the out-of-home market.
9. Survey finds perceptions of low pay putting young people off hospitality jobs.
10. The 2022 FutureChef National Champion announced at Westminster Kingsway College.
11. Whispers of The Pelican in Notting Hill investigated…
12. B Corp hospitality: What does it take?
13. Institute of Hospitality Golf Day in partnership with Caterer.com raises £5,225 for Youth Council.
14. The AA Hospitality Awards 2022 announce new AA Accessible Award.
15. Details revealed for Woven by Adam Smith, ahead of opening.
16. Latest research shows 95% of school leavers will not Choose Hospitality.
17. Compass announce a new strategy to address inequalities and improve diversity.
18. Hospitality student inspires landmark Down Syndrome Bill.
19. Chefs serve students with mentoring and ‘on the job’ experience.
20. On a mission to disrupt and revolutionise the hospitality industry, and going rather well.
Well done to all, we look forward to working with you again in 2023.