A team of seven Sodexo employees have reached the final stages of the prestigious British Ex-Forces in Business Awards, the world’s largest celebration of former military personnel who have transitioned and are excelling in their second careers as part of the wider UK workforce.
Sodexo was an early signatory of the Armed Forces Covenant and part of its commitment is the continual support in the employment of ex-armed forces personnel including employees which are members of the Reserves.
As a partner to the military for over 30 years Sodexo continually looks to support and provide employment opportunities at every level to those leaving the military and it delighted that the following have been recognised at these awards:
- Military Values in Business Award finalist: Robert Parry, general manager, Army Headquarters
- New Service Leaver of the Year Award finalist: Samantha Prime, logistics service manager, Merville Barracks, Colchester
- Outstanding Achiever of the Year Award finalist: Craig Hill-Lyons, account director (MOJ contract)
- Reservist of the Year Award finalist: Nick Mackey, RAF reservist chef and head chef for the Officers’ Mess at Army headquarters
- Role Model of the Year Award finalist: Mark Fryer, service manager, St Omer Barracks in Aldershot
- Service Leaver of the Year Award finalist: Richard Horsman, soft services operations manager, Colchester Garrison
- Young Leader of the Year finalist: Mike Mercer, catering manager, Ward barracks, Bulford
The winners will be announced at a gala dinner taking place at the London Intercontinental, The O2 on 2 December 2021.
Paul Anstey, CEO, Government, Sodexo UK & Ireland said: “As a leading employer of choice for veterans, reservists and forces families, we understand the value and skills people with a military connection can bring to a business. We are extremely proud and delighted to have seven finalists at this year’s British Ex-Forces in Business Awards and we wish them luck for the 2 December.
“This is a phenomenal achievement and fabulous recognition for the talented individuals we have within Sodexo who have made a successful transition from the military into civilian life and help deliver excellence to our clients, customers and colleagues every day.”
Sodexo has a number of initiatives in place to support ex-forces employees and also works closely with SSAFA in its efforts from providing financial support for its homelessness fund to a number of Sodexo employees participating in SSAFA’s mentoring scheme to help individuals transitioning from the military into civilian life.
In 2017 Sodexo was awarded the Gold Employer Recognition Award by the Ministry of Defence in recognition of the company’s commitment and efforts to support the entire Armed Force community through its strong policies which include:
- The positive recruitment of ex-military personnel
- The provision of employment opportunities for the spouses of service personnel posted into areas where Sodexo holds a contract
- A flexible approach to granting leave for employees which are members of the Reserves
- A partnership approach to supporting service charities such as SSAFA, the Armed Forces charity.
Sodexo has been a partner to SSAFA for 14 years and provides valuable sponsorship, enables volunteering, fundraises as well as providing financial support for the charity’s homelessness fund.
News from the hospitality and catering industry is also being featured extensively in our Facebook and twitter social media accounts with the opportunity to engage with others in hospitality and share your views.
Hospitality & Catering News: Ex-Forces in Business awards. – 2 November 2021 – Ex-Forces in Business awards.
Copyright: All content in Hospitality & Catering News is protected by copyright