The National Association of Care Catering (NACC) has unveiled the inspirational individuals and teams shortlisted for the NACC Awards 2021.
The prestigious awards recognise and celebrate the innovation, excellence and dedication within care catering and the unsung heroes across the sector that go above and beyond every day for the benefit of their residents, service users, customers and colleagues – from care homes to community services, including Meals on Wheels and Luncheon Clubs.
The overall winners will be announced and presented with their awards in front of NACC members, industry colleagues, friends and guests at the NACC Awards 2021 gala dinner. This special event takes place on Thursday 7th October 2021 at the East Midlands Conference Centre, Nottingham.
The finalists are:
The Triumph Over Adversity Award, sponsored by Bullseye Food Packaging
- The Hertfordshire Independent Living Service Team
- Anwar Kajee, Head of Hospitality, Country Court
- Denise McEvoy, Head of Care Services, Harrogate Neighbours Housing Association
- Paul Robottom, Owner/Director, Signature Dining
Care Establishment of the Year Award, sponsored by Hobart
- Invicta Court Care Home
- Long Close Retirement Home
- Mill House Catering Team
Meals on Wheels Award, sponsored by apetito
- Harrogate and Ripon Food Angels
- Nottinghamshire County Council Meals at Home Team
- The Bevy Community Pub
- The Umbrella Café
- West Sussex County Council
Catering Team of the Year Award, sponsored by CaterCloud
- Care UK Food and Hotel Services Team
- Catering Team of Sunrise of Sonning
- Country Court
- Mill House Catering Team
Catering Manager of the Year Award, sponsored by Unilever Food Solutions
- Rida Diab, Chef Manager, Royal Star & Garter-Surbiton
- Natalie Jordon, Chef Manager, BUPA Beacher Hall
- Stuart Keown, Senior Dining Services Coordinator, Sunrise of Banstead
- Dianne Lilley, Hotel Services Manager, Care UK Residential Care Services
- Daisy Slavkova, Head of Hospitality, Elsyng House
Our Care Catering Hero Award, sponsored by Premier Foods
- Adriano Carvalho, Dining Service Coordinator, Sunrise of Sonning
- Luke Webb, Second Chef, Mill House Care & Dementia Home
The winners of the following coveted awards will be revealed at the gala awards dinner:
NACC Region of the Year Award, sponsored by Meiko
Pam Rhodes Award, sponsored by Anglia Crown
National Chair’s Award
Sue Cawthray, National Chair of the NACC, said: “The past year has continued to be an incredibly challenging time for care caterers as we continue to navigate and adapt to the impact of the covid-19 pandemic.
“Care caterers up and down the country have pulled out all the stops to remain agile and innovate in the face of obstacles, changing pressures and new ways of working. We have been continually impressed by the dedication, ingenuity and sheer tenacity of our members and care catering colleagues.
“It’s for this reason that the NACC Awards in 2021 are so very important. It’s crucial that we take this time to pause, reflect, recognise and celebrate the fantastic efforts and achievements of those that enhance the quality of life and wellbeing of so many older and vulnerable people through good food, nutrition and uplifting mealtime experiences.
“The NACC Awards 2021 are even more special this year as once again we will be able to celebrate with colleagues and friends in person. It’s going to be a wonderful evening and a highlight of what’s been another difficult year. I, for one, cannot wait to honour the amazing people that work within the care catering sector. I wish all the finalists the very best of luck.”
News from the hospitality and catering industry is also being featured extensively in our Facebook and twitter social media accounts with the opportunity to engage with others in hospitality and share your views.
Hospitality & Catering News: NACC Awards 2021 shortlist unveiled. – 8 September 2021 – NACC Awards 2021 shortlist unveiled.
Copyright: All content in Hospitality & Catering News is protected by copyright