Are you ready to reopen your restaurant now restrictions are slowly being lifted? It can be a daunting thought, reopening after a period of closure will indeed require every single area being checked and checked again, making sure you’re on top of cleaning, meeting health and safety standards and more. To make it easier however, the experts at Grease Gone have created a Reopening Cleaning Checklist, which can be utilised by all food businesses.
Whether you’re a restaurant, a takeaway spot or something else entirely, this checklist should help make reopening your business, that much easier.
Cleaning Checklist For Food Establishments
This list is not exhaustive. It should, however, cover some of the main points you’ll need to ensure are taken care of, before looking at your specific commercial premises and what adjustments or other considerations you may need to make.
First and foremost, you’ll need to:
- Notify your local council of your desire to reopen and notify them of any changes to your current business, that you’re registered for.
- Update the Food Safety Management system you currently have in place. This may need to change with new policies and procedures due to COVID.
- Check that local waste carrier services are running and available to you.
- Check all food prep areas are clean and full disinfected – this will of course include all work surfaces, equipment and utensils.
- Ensure your entire restaurant is free from any pest activity that may have arisen during prolonged closure.
- Ensure there are plenty of hand washing and cleaning materials available to all staff.
- Ensure there is plenty of hand sanitiser available to front of house staff as well as customers entering and exiting the premises.
- Do check that hot and cold running water is available at all sinks and hand washing basins so people can wash their hands properly.
- Check all appliances, such as fridges, freezers are all clean and working properly.
- Check all ovens are working properly and completely clean.
- Check all raw materials are fresh and ready.
- Lastly, ensure social distancing measures have been put in place and are ready for all staff and customers to see and adhere to clearly.
Need More Help?
If you’d like more help when it comes to your cleaning regime, we highly recommend contacting the experts at Grease Gone. As one of the UK’s leading commercial cleaners, Grease Gone have you covered with virtually any commercial cleaning needs you may have. From vents and ducts to kitchens and more. They’ll even make life as easy as possible by providing you with a schedule and alerting you to when it needs to be carried out again. For more information, simply contact Grease Gone today on 020 88663 413.