New Roux Scholarship website
The world renowned and acclaimed Roux Scholarship was established in 1983. The scholarship has enabled a new generation of chefs from Britain to train in the greatest restaurants in the world. Not only has it become the industry’s most acclaimed chef competition in the UK, with many scholars having gone on to win Michelin stars themselves, it ranks among the most prestigious competitions for chefs in the world.
The Roux Scholarship has a new-look website that is now live and celebrates nearly 40 years of mentoring in culinary excellence.
There is a wealth of information/inspiration there for potential applicants, as well as a mine of information about past winners, judges and sponsors, which may inspire or help with features you are currently working on.
With a new easy-to-navigate design and tips throughout the site, here are some of the stories you’ll discover:
- Which scholars started their careers as pot-washers.
- The winners’ and judges’ culinary heroes, including their mums and their grannies.
- You can make a mistake in the final, and still win, like Martin Hadden.
- How competing several times helped prepare the way for some winners, including Mark Birchall and Trevor Blyth.
- The judges’ varied experience such as Rachel Humphrey‘s time in the RAF, James Martin’s time training in France and Simon Hulstone’s many competition wins.
- How Sat Bains filled in the application form five years before he won, but put it in the bin!
- Alain Roux and Michel Roux Jr’s earliest memories of their fathers’ kitchens.
- What you can expect if you win and become a Roux Scholar.
- How cooking from your heart is the key to success, as told by Clare Smyth.
Where are they now? The scholars’ current roles, running some of the country’s best restaurants, working abroad including on luxury yachts, in estate management, and as a regenerative farmer.
News from the hospitality and catering industry is also being featured extensively in our Facebook and twitter social media accounts with the opportunity to engage with others in hospitality and share your views.
Hospitality & Catering News: New Roux Scholarship website – 26 October 2020 – New Roux Scholarship website.
Copyright: All content in Hospitality & Catering News is protected by copyright.