As we move into a new decade, InterContinental Hotels & Resorts has uncovered the Most Instagrammed Sights Of 2019, as part of their InterContinental ICons campaign. Marking 10 years since the ‘start’ of Instagram in 2010, InterContinental took a look at how Instagram has transformed the hospitality and travel landscape.
Most Instagrammed Sights Of 2019 – LOCATIONS:
1) Paris: Eiffel Tower, 53% of all #Paris photos analysed and nearly 10% of all photos analysed worldwide
2) Shanghai: The Bund, 44% of all #Shanghai photos analysed
3) Dubai: Burj Khalifa, 36% of all #Dubai photos analysed
4) Sydney: Sydney Opera House, 35% of all #Sydney photos analysed
5) Mexico City: Pyramid de Teotihuacan, 25% of all #MexicoCity photos analysed
6) London: Buckingham Palace, 21% of all #London photos analysed
7) New York City: Central Park, 20% of all #NYC photos analysed
Travellers will continue To use Instagram even more In 2020 as social media usage continues to grow and develop.
The use of Instagram and many other social media channels was discussed at our annual social media roundtable at Coworth Park recently. Measuring product lifecycle and witnessing innovation in social media.