ceda Grand Prix Awards 2019 shortlist announced
ceda are delighted to announce their shortlist of nominees for this year’s ceda Grand Prix Awards. The volume and standard of entries this year has surpassed expectation with entries alone up over 30%.
Judges Ron Neville and John Savage have had their work cut out as they’ve made their way through the applications to devise an initial shortlist and gather further, more detailed information to arrive at the final nominees.
Successful companies have been informed and it is our pleasure to now announce the ceda Grand Prix Awards Finalists 2019, along with this year’s Award sponsors:
GRAND PRIX AWARDS FINALISTS 2019
Design Project Under 100k
- CNG Foodservice Equipment – Lucio’s
- TAG Catering Equipment – Wild Food Café
SPONSOR: Academy Leasing
Design Project 100k to 300k
- CHR Food Service – Mana Restaurant
- CNG Foodservice Equipment – The Trading Rooms, Piece Hall
- Vision Commercial Kitchens – Bristol Cathedral School
SPONSOR: Catering Insight
Design Project over 300k
- C&C Catering Equipment – Gravetye Manor
- Catering Design Group – The University of Sunderland
- TAG Catering Equipment – The Dorchester
- Vision Commercial Kitchens – Soho House, Greek Street Hotel
SPONSOR: Hospitality & Catering News
Outstanding Customer Service
- Gratte Brothers Catering Equipment – Simmons Bakers Cafés
- Tailor Made Catering Equipment Services – Loungers
- Vision Commercial Kitchens – Hickory’s
- Whitco Catering & Bakery Equipment – Oxfordshire County Council
SPONSOR: Foodservice Equipment Journal
Project Management Excellence
- C&C Catering Equipment – L’oscar
- GS Catering Equipment – The Honourable Society of Lincoln’s Inn
- TAG Catering Equipment – Beck at Brown’s
- Vision Commercial Kitchens – Silversands
ceda Director General Adam Mason commented, “It’s always a great moment to announce the shortlisted entries for the ceda Grand Prix Awards and this year is no exception.
“With initial entries up by over 30% it really has been a tremendously competitive process so far, to the extent that some excellent projects have not made the final shortlist.
“Once again, there’s a great blend of sector, size and delivery, clearly demonstrating the incredible expertise, flexibility and diversity of the ceda membership.”
Judges Ron and John are now busy visiting each shortlisted project, in person, to gauge a better understanding of the project, and ultimately decide the winner of each category.
An overall winner will be selected from the victors in each of the five categories above and they will receive the Sir Donald Thompson Cup, sponsored by Dewberry Redpoint.
Also presented at the Gala Dinner is The Rising Star Award which recognises and rewards an individual’s outstanding achievement and contribution to the development of a ceda member company.
All the winners of the ceda Grand Prix Awards will be announced at the Gala Dinner and Awards Evening of the 2019 ceda Conference on Friday 5th April at Heythrop Park, Oxfordshire.
Also presented on the night are the ceda Supplier Awards, which ceda members are voting for now, for the suppliers they feel have delivered the best overall service in terms of quality of product, support and service.
Recognition is given to three categories; Heavy Equipment (sponsored by Commercial Kitchen), Light Equipment (sponsored by Accessories & Spares) and Outstanding Customer Service.
For more information click here