A unique, money-can’t-buy dining experience, The Great Chefs Dinner in aid of national charity DEBRA, returns to London, on Monday, 4 February 2019.
The sumptuous night of dining, now in its fourth year, will take place in the dazzling Roux the Landau Restaurant, at one of the most luxurious hotels in the capital, The Langham, London. Michel Roux Jr will be hosting the evening and will be joined by Andrew Wong, Mark Flanagan, Chris King, Gianluca Fusto and Andrew Gravett. Each of the stellar chefs will be responsible for one course of the bespoke menu, from canapés to petit-fours. Guests will enjoy a Champagne Reception sponsored by Dumangin Fils.
DEBRA is the only national charity in the UK supporting people suffering from Epidermolysis Bullosa (EB), a potentially fatal skin condition that causes constant pain due to unstoppable internal and external blistering. 100% of the proceeds from the night will help fund specialist EB nurses providing life changing care across the country.
Taking part in the DEBRA Great Chefs Dinner 2019 are:
- Chris King – Executive Chef at The Langham, London Canapés
- Mark Flanagan MVO – Royal Chef, Master of the Household’s Department Sandringham game ‘Pâté en Croûte’ with pickled mushroom salad and roasted shallots
- Andrew Wong – Michelin-starred modern Chinese food chef at A Wong and Kym’s Seared scallop cheung fun with gai lan and fermented, chilli bean vinaigrette. Crispy Cantonese pork belly, honey mustard and liquorice soy
- Michel Roux Jr – Owner of Le Gavroche, Owner of Roux at the Landau and Roux at Parliament Square Quail and foie gras ‘lucullus’, Jerusalem artichoke, pear and black truffle
- Gianluca Fusto – Renowned Italian Pastry Chef ‘Chocolate by Fusto’
- Andrew Gravett – Executive Pastry Chef at The Langham, London Petits Fours
The Great Chefs Dinner, now in its fourth year, is generously hosted by Michel Roux Jr, a long-term supporter of the charity. DEBRA’s President, Falklands veteran Simon Weston CBE, will be a guest speaker at the event.
Michel Roux Jr, Chef Patron of Le Gavroche, and the man behind Roux at the Landau and Roux at Parliament Square, says: “I am always so proud to host this fantastic fundraising event for DEBRA. It is such a wonderful charity and one that I and the Langham Hotel are thrilled to continue to support. I am delighted that in three years this event has raised over £200,000 for DEBRA. We have some absolutely exceptional chefs cooking this year for the fourth DEBRA Great Chefs Dinner and I know it will be a fantastic night raising money to fight EB.”
Simon Weston CBE, President of DEBRA says: “I am looking forward to attending my very first DEBRA Great Chefs Dinner and enjoying the exciting menu from these world class chefs. We are very appreciative of their support. It’s phenomenal that they are giving their valuable time to help us fight EB and raise the profile of the condition. I understand something of the pain and suffering that people with EB endure every day, which is why I am proud as DEBRA’s new President to support the charity and EB sufferers.”