The annual ‘An Evening with the Country Range Group’ returned on Thursday 6th December and was this year staged at the spectacular SEA LIFE London Aquarium where members, suppliers and guests celebrated a successful twelve months and honoured the winners of the yearly supplier and member awards.
Surrounded by shoals of glittering fish and gliding turtles, the evening was hosted by Miles Jupp and saw over 180 people in attendance with the winners of the 11 special awards being announced.
Guests were treated to a menu consisting of Wild Boar Terrine, Slow Cooked Pork Belly and Chocolate Fondant and a charity raffle was held in aid of Hospitality Action with £3,300 being raised on the night.
Coral Rose, Managing Director of the Country Range Group, said:
“This annual award evening is our way of recognising and celebrating all the members, brands, people and achievements that have been key to the Group’s success in 2018. It was great to see such a fantastic attendance and brilliant to raise some money for Hospitality Action but a massive well done to all the winners.”
“It’s been a very positive year for the Group, with turnover up 11% so we needed an awe-inspiring end to the year to really treat our guests. We kept the venue a surprise for as long as possible to create some suspense and the spectacular surroundings definitely played a part in making it a once in a lifetime experience.”
The 2018 Member Award winners were:
- Best Brand Performance – Creed Foodservice
- Best Own Brand Performance – Henderson Foodservice
- Telesales Focus Team of the Year – Turner Price
- Best Group Support – Thomas Ridley Foodservice
- The 2018 Winners of the Supplier Awards were all voted for by the Country Range Group’s members and were as follows:
- Branded Supplier of the Year – Nestle Professional
- Frozen Supplier of the Year – Sidoli
- Own Brand supplier of the year – Rich Sauces
- Award for Marketing Excellence – Unilever Food Solutions
- Award for Service Performance – Kings Quality Foods
- Award for Business Relationship – Nestlé Professional
- Newcomer of the Year – ISFI
The Country Range brand has continued to lead from the front and this year bolstered its extensive selection with 15 new products including Sweet Potato Fries, Panko Breadcrumbs, Broccoli and Cauliflower Pasty, Gluten Free Cakes and Christmas Desserts. Helping to grow total own brand sales by 12% against 2017 figures, the Group has also continued to support young chefs through its sponsorship of the prestigious Country Range Student Chef Challenge.
Coral Rose added:
“Our customer service, varied product portfolio and marketing is what sets us apart from other foodservice providers and enables our independent members to provide the full package to chefs and caterers of all levels and sizes. Our Trade Exhibition in Liverpool was record breaking, Stir It Up magazine continues to be a key resource for caterers around the UK and the Country Range brand has become a sign of consistent quality and innovation.”
For more information click here