It’s no secret that every event or meeting you attend today will include some sort of digital event technology. In our technologically dependent world it´s becoming increasingly important for venues to meet all of the conference or meeting booker’s requirements in order for them to even consider a hotel as a venue for their conference, let alone keeping them happy and ensuring they return. So, I´ve identified one key point that could really work in your favour done right and it´s spelled; Internet Access.
According to a recent survey*, conference bookers believe that the most important selection criteria of conference venue, other than location and price are:
- Free Wi-Fi**
- Wi-Fi coverage in all areas
- Secure connectivity
- Landing page with dedicated information for their conference group
Modern and flexible HSIA
Internet Access in the conference area is seen as critical for the event. Requirements from the conference/meeting planner range from sufficient bandwidth to dedicated networks with company branded access portals and more complex scenarios that require even temporary additional equipment.
To meet these criteria it’s crucial to have a modern and flexible high speed internet access (HSIA) infrastructure in place for the conference area that can be easily and economically adjusted to these special requirements. For simple requests it is important for the hotel to have a self-service configuration portal. For more complex scenarios it is vital to have a technology vendor on hand from the initial consultation to the flawless execution.
An investment that pays off
Investing in HSIA infrastructure pays off in three different ways:
- Direct revenue stream from the conference itself;
- Revenue for accommodation of participants and related services e.g. catering;
- Repeat and referred business from great events.
So, by incorporating the latest event technology your conference or meeting attendees will benefit from the latest variety of interactive communications and your hotel will benefit from increased revenue.
Markus Letuha, Sales & Product Manager – TV Systems, Internet Access & Managed Network
* Hotel Guest Survey conducted by SynoInt in 2017
* Wi-Fi = The technology that distributes the Bandwidth around a venue to wireless devices like laptops, computers, smartphones and tablets
* Bandwidth = The amount of data that can be transmitted (upload) or received (download) per second measured in Mbit/s
If you´d like to learn more about efficient technology investments, read “Everything You Always Wanted to Know About LAN Management (But Were Afraid to Ask)”
Or, for more highlights from the Hotel Guest Survey, read this “5 Ways to Keep Your Guests Coming Back”
Learn more about the company here