A digital strategy can help with a wide list of challenges many restaurants are facing. And clearly, digital service does not prevent you from interacting with your diners. In fact, it saves you time, so in theory you could spend more time in meaningful customer interactions and waste less time on repetitive transactional tasks.
Areas where digital can incrementally help or dramatically improve operations.
|Improving customer journeys||Staff shortages and costs||Profitability|
|Customising experiences||Booking no shows||Green credentials|
|Adapting to market changes||Customers who don’t pay||Faster table turns|
- Self-Order – Diners control their own orders. You save time, serve more customers with fewer staff. Peak time sales boost. Fewer staffing worries.
- Self-Pay – Pay and go when the diner is ready, not when the waiter is free. Turn tables faster. Happier customers.
- Pre-payment – without compromising 2nd orders. With our at-table systems, diners can pre-pay their order and easily get 2nd orders, desserts and another round of drinks – no problem. No need to queue or wait for waiters to order.
- Pre-ordering – digital pre-ordering leaves staff free to get on with profitable tasks. Phone pre-orders take a lot of staff time and make mistakes. With our pre-order your team is preparing food for collection. Phone time and card machines are a thing of the past.
- Upselling – Digital can upsell in many ways. All done by the programme. No printing costs. No forgetting to mention the special offers.
- Pictures & videos
- Dynamic recommendations based on choices
- Bundled deals
- Time of day offers
- Instant events and loyalty recognition
- Reduce & disperse queues – ordering and payment can now happen in your reception area, by the window or at tables. The counter area is for food service only. Less queuing. Less stress. More attractive to entice diners in. With staff re-allocated to food preparation service is faster too.
- Change quickly at no cost. Need to change a menu? Just upload and go. No printing. Fish is finished for the day?– Remove it for the day. Aubergine pizza is not working out? Just delete it from the menu. No crossings out. No disappointed customers.
- Personalise customer experiences – When customers engage digitally you remember their preferences and customise next experiences to the individual. Offer their favourites first. Show low calorie or gluten free dishes only because you know that is their thing. The possibilities are endless
- Informed diners are happy diners – today’s customers want information. Lots of it. Things like “What allergens are there?” “What is the provenance?” “Is the fish sustainably farmed?”. Digital menus, like digital book readers, can hold lots of information in a small space and make it accessible. It stays hidden until needed, so no clutter. It is available when called for.
- Dynamic Package Deals – paper menus can offer packaged deals. Digital menus can change the offer based on the selections made. Tailor your bundled offers based on diner profile and first selections. Increases order values and return customers.
- Instant discounts & offers – run instant promotions whenever you want. Just schedule a time and the offer. The menu will remember when to make the offers.
- Customer feedback while in venue. Digital menus can be used for input as well. Let customers tell you what they think. Ask them for feedback and run surveys. And if they have a complaint you can fix it while they are still in your venue. Don’t wait until they post it on social media to hear about it.
- Call a waiter. Ever been in a restaurant where you can’t catch a waiter’s eye? A digital menu can ping the waiter. You may not get a waiter, but at least now you know he’s ignoring you!
- Scan barcoded items – pre-packaged foods can be scanned by customer, just like a supermarket. Plus combining scanned items with counter orders, all done “self serve”.
- Reduce waste – End of day specials to clear overstock items. Instantly change your menu to clear items.
- More marketing – Digital menus can run promotional videos, cross sell your other venues, announce contests, bargains and future events. All “On the Menu” using videos and audio as well as photos to powerfully deliver your brand message.
- Test Changes Easily – improve menu choices, offers, even layouts by testing and making incremental changes. Move dishes to the top to see if they sell better. Change prices for a day to assess impact on profits Change layouts, styles, descriptions, prices whenever you want and find out what works best for you.
- Increase flexibility & speed of change – Because it is so easy to change your menu now, with no printing costs every time, you can react quickly to market changes. Making you more flexible and responsive to your customers.
- Time of Day Auto Change – change your menu from breakfast to lunch automatically. No work. No fuss.
- Recognise customers – once customers opt in your potential to recognise them and improve your relationship is huge. Facial recognition, registration, even payment cards can all help you to know who you are dealing with today and customise their experience with you.
- Speak the customer’s language. Of course you can print paper menus in multiple languages too. One digital menu can speak as many languages as you want. With high quality pictures of every dish to help, international diners can order in their own language.
- Data Driven Business – Digital interactions capture data that can inform your planning and operations. Paper systems just cannot do this. NextMenu digitally engages your customers at every stage with queue management, customer journey tracker, menus, ordering, payments & pre-ordersystems. The data that this collects provides insights on your diners, your menu, your value, your occupancy and much more. This means your decisions become much better informed at every turn.
- Understand all segments of your customer’s journey. From when the customer joins the queue, to seated, ordered, 2nd orders, paid, cleared you get analysis of each customer’s journey. Understand your bottlenecks. See which tables are profitable and which are not. Tailor your offerings to match numbers of male, female, child guests. By day of week and time of day.
- Search – Digital menus search instantly. Diners can find all the chicken dishes, or eliminate fish and peanuts from the choices they see with just a few clicks. Help your diners find and order what they want, easily. They’ll thank you.
- Attract digital diners – while many people don’t like digital there’s no escaping the fact that most of your customers have their face in their phone. You can fight it, or you can use it to your advantage and give them the service they want
The practicalities of how to implement these improvements is available from the team at NextMenu