ARC Services UK Ltd (ARC) is an established, vendor independent IT and EPOS services provider and we count some of the most well-known brands in the hospitality, catering and F&B sectors, along with a whole host of smaller, more niche operators among our long-standing and loyal customer base.
First let’s look at why we chose to tread the path of vendor independence. This was an easy decision to make for a number of reasons:
- The equipment attached to the network in pretty much every hospitality, catering and F&B site that we work in represents a “who’s who” of the device manufacturing world. The POS will be from one manufacturer, the receipt printer another, the payment device another, the self-serve kiosks yet another…you get the picture.
- Being independent means that we can fully support these multi-vendor sites because our skilled field engineers have a broad range of knowledge and experience of more or less all hardware types that you will find in any typical trading unit within the sectors that we work.
- Being independent means that we can work unfettered by the manufacturers, doing what our customers want us to do as opposed to what the manufacturers would want us to do if we were tied to (“accredited” by) their brands.
So, taking the importance of vendor independence as a given, what else differentiates ARC from our competitors and what keeps our customers keen to continue working with us, whether on projects and one-off installations or large scale, long term support and maintenance requirements?
- We have a “service first” culture that runs through the entire business and I, as the business owner, am unashamedly obsessed with excellent customer service delivery.
- We listen to our customers and we create support and maintenance contracts based on their specific requirements, recognising the fact that every business is different.
- We take time to fully understand installation and project requirements before commencement and work closely with our customers to ensure that any early identified efficiencies are introduced into the project plan immediately to save our customers both time and money.
- We don’t work to old style response time SLAs – we work on achieving maximum possible device uptime and fast-fix-first-visit service delivery. This equates, quite simply, to our customers being able to make more sales, more of the time.
- Extra mile comes as standard with ARC – we don’t like the phrase “it can’t be done” and this is evident in everything that we do, every day.
Recognising the fact that many of our customers run businesses that spread far beyond our home shores, we have established a first-class Partner Service Provider (PSP) network throughout the world and in doing so we are able to provide customers with a one-stop-shop, fully managed service for installation, support and maintenance requirements across multiple countries but with only one vendor to have to deal with. This is a fast-growing sector of our business as we are in a very small minority of companies in our field that has taken the time and effort to build such a network.
So, if this article has struck any chords with you and you think a conversation with us may be the start of solving some of your IT and POS related problems or requirements, please get in touch either by phone on 0870 066 5569 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be delighted to hear from you.
Finally, don’t just take my word for it – here is a view from one of our customers that just happens to be one of the largest hospitality companies in the world…
“SSP’s decision to use ARC Services was driven by a number of key benefits. SSP already had considerable experience of working with 3rd party vendors who were tied to specific equipment manufacturers, generally we found this created a significant conflict of interests.
“Also, these partners often worked to outdated SLA models based only around response times rather than wider uptime and total cost of ownership metrics. ARC in every respect were refreshing – their entire raison d’etre is about holistic service delivery and their independence and innovative approach brought a whole new approach to our service agreement.
“ARC are now very much a strategic partner providing cover across the UK & Ireland in many other countries across the globe through their international Partner Service Provider network. They have set exceptional service delivery standards, reduced total ownership cost, and redefined the standard by which we measure other service partners.”
Chief Information Officer
The Food Travel Experts