The Oxford School of Hospitality Management at Oxford Brookes University will celebrate the professional achievements of its worldwide community of graduates at the fourth Bacchus Alumni Awards next month (Monday 16 April).
The nominees and guests will gather at the Grosvenor House Hotel, Park Lane, London for the awards ceremony and celebratory dinner.
Augustus Lonsdale, President of the Bacchus Alumni Society, said: “Graduates from the Oxford School of Hospitality Management go on to have highly successful careers both in the UK and internationally, and we are incredibly proud of their achievements.
“Through their strong connections with the School they give back in many ways – including as guest lecturers, mentors and employers of our students. The Bacchus Alumni Society provides an amazing network of professionals globally and is of real benefit to both current students and alumni.”
Angela Maher, Acting Head of the Oxford School of Hospitality Management, added: “The Bacchus Alumni Awards offer an opportunity to recognise the amazing talent of our graduates.
“This year is particularly special as it coincides with the 10th anniversary of our Bacchus Mentoring Programme which provides senior industry mentors to over 200 students annually, many of whom are alumni of the School.”
The shortlisted candidates are:
Bacchus Rising Star Award
- Emily Coubrough – Assistant Front Office Manager, The Savoy
- Gabby Bull – House Manager, Soho House & Co
- Owen Farr – Restaurant Manager, The Modern Pantry Clerkenwell
- Rebecca Scott – Front of House Manager, Marriott Hotel Park Lane
- Will Rogers – Restaurant Manager, Berners Tavern at EDITION
- Matthew Rowledge – Human Resources Officer, Royal Garden Hotel
Bacchus Manager of the Year Award
- Rupert Power – Managing Director, Sophie’s Steakhouse
- Carmella Crisafulli – Director, Investment Analysis Europe, IHG
- James Halsall – Director of Operations UK&I, Compass @ Google
- Guy Freedman – Deputy General Manager, THE PIG Hotel Hampshire
- Mathilde Maitre – Director of Events & Groups, Claridge’s
- Sarah Kaplan – Group Director of Rooms, Principal Hotel Company
Bacchus Mentor of the Year Award
- Ciarán Fahy – Chief Executive Officer, Ellerman Hotels
- Liz McGivern – Vice President Human Resources, Red Carnation Hotels
- Rakhee Patel – Human Resources Manager, Grace Hotels
- Andrew Batchelor – General Manager, The Landmark Hotel
- David Gambier – Owner & Managing Director, Great Experience Travel
- Holly Brown – Operations Manager, BaxterStorey
Bacchus Major Contribution to the Hospitality Industry Award
- Henry Ashworth – President, International Alliance for Responsible Drinking (IARD)
- Dr Maureen Brookes – Reader, Oxford School of Hospitality Management
- Kenneth N. Ivory – Vice President Operations, Creative Dining Services