Cornwall has been revealed as the UK’s top county for family friendly B&Bs, in an AA study to mark National B&B Day and help families prepare for the Easter holidays.
AA data reveals Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly to be the number one destination for family holidays, with 72 B&Bs registered with the AA offering additional services and facilities to suit families with children of all ages including children’s menus (33%), baby-sitting services (6%), safe play areas (4%) and children’s entertainment (1%).
With 68 B&Bs catering for families of all ages, Devon is a close second, with a high proportion offering children’s menus (49%). Somerset comes in third, with 67 B&Bs offering family friendly extras, while North Yorkshire is fourth with 65, and Cumbria is fifth with 47, over half of which offer children’s menus.
In total, 1,226 B&Bs registered with the AA are family friendly, taking bookings from families with children of any age, and 1,215 of these offer something extra to make families’ lives easier. The most popular benefit is the option of a children’s menu which can be found at over 40% of the UK’s family-friendly B&Bs, followed by safe play areas (7%), baby-sitting services (3%) and children’s entertainment (1%).
The UK’s Most Family Friendly B&Bs
Nine B&Bs registered with the AA offer every family friendly benefit measured:
- Double-Gate Farm in Wells, Somerset
- Cottage in Hope Cove, Devon
- Stoke Gabriel Lodgings – Badgers Retreat in Totnes, Devon
- The Commercial In Tarland, Aberdeeneshire
- The Coppleridge Inn in Motcombe, Dorset
- The Crown Inn in Boroughbridge, North Yorkshire
- The Haughmond in Upton Magna, Shropshire
- The Royal Oak in Chichester, West Sussex
- Trecarne House in Liskeard, Cornwall and Isles of Scilly
Simon Numphud, Managing Director of AA Hotel & Hospitality Services said: “British families have a wealth of choice when it comes to booking a family friendly B&B this Easter. It’s great to see B&Bs across the country going the extra mile to ensure families have everything they need to make their stay even more enjoyable, and it’s wonderful to mark National B&B Day to celebrate the incredible variety of B&Bs throughout the UK.”
The UK’s top destinations for family friendly B&Bs are:
- CORNWALL & ISLES OF SCILLY – 72 family-friendly B&Bs
- DEVON – 68 family-friendly B&Bs
- SOMERSET – 67 family-friendly B&Bs
- NORTH YORKSHIRE – 65 family-friendly B&Bs
- CUMBRIA – 47 family-friendly B&Bs
- OXFORDSHIRE – 44 family-friendly B&Bs
- NORFOLK – 43 family-friendly B&Bs
- LONDON POSTAL DISTRICTS – 41 family-friendly B&Bs
- GLOUCESTERSHIRE – 38 family-friendly B&Bs
- KENT – 37 family-friendly B&Bs
For more information click here