Vegetarian Foodservice Recipe: Moroccan veggie stack
Recent research shows that more than 5% of the UK population are vegetarian, that’s 3 million diners. These diners need vegetarian menu options and frequent the venues that provide vegetarian menu options.
Fry’s Family Foods help you to provide vegetarian menu options not just through delicious and nutritious vegetarian food products, with easy to follow menu ideas too.
Serves 4 – Cooking time 35 minutes – Vegan
- 4 Fry’s Traditional Burgers
- 2 Sweet potatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 ciabatta buns, cut in half
- 1 garlic clove, cut in half
- 20 ml olive oil
- 1 Aubergine, cut into rounds
- 20 ml Flour
- ½ cup Hummus
- 8 peppadews, sliced
- 20 ml plain oil
- 4tbsp Harrissa Sauce
- Coriander for garnish
- Roast sweet potato wedges in oven seasoned with salt and pepper for 20 minutes.
- Dip the aubergine into water and dust with flour, griddle on a hot pan on both sides.
- Rub garlic onto cut part of ciabatta, brush with olive oil, heat ciabatta on dry pan.
- Fry burger patties according to instructions.
- Layer the veggie stack, starting with the bun, hummus, aubergine, pattie, chopped peppadews.
- Garnish with fresh coriander and Harissa Sauce.
Visit our website here