Vegetarian Foodservice Recipe: Raw Broccoli Superfood Salad
Recent research shows that more than 5% of the UK population are vegetarian, that’s 3 million diners. These diners need vegetarian menu options and frequent the venues that provide vegetarian menu options.
Fry’s Family Foods help you to provide vegetarian menu options not just through delicious and nutritious vegetarian food products, with easy to follow menu ideas too.
- 1 box Fry’s Chicken-Style Nuggets (or Fry’s Rice Protein & Chia Chicken-Style Nuggets)
- 1 head broccoli
- 4 tbsp mixed seeds, lightly toasted 1/2 cup goji berries, cranberries and raisin mix
- 1 punnet mini plum tomatoes, washed and halved
- 1 apple, cored and finely chopped 1/2 cup cooked chickpeas
For the Vegan Mayonnaise Dressing
- 1-2 tbsp cooked chickpeas
- 1/2 tsp white balsamic vinegar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 heaped tsp mustard
- 1 tsp xylitol
- Salt and pepper, to taste 1/2 cup oil mix (grapeseed oil, avocado oil and olive oil)
- Add half an avocado if serving all the mayonnaise within an hour or two.
- Place the Nuggets in the Airfryer for 8 minutes at 185°C.* Shake the Airfryer basket and increase the temperature to 200°C and cook for another 2 minutes. The Nuggets should be golden and crispy. Slice the Nuggets in half.
- Remove the tough stalk at the end of the broccoli and wash broccoli head thoroughly. Cut into tiny bite-size pieces.
- Place in a large bowl. Add the remaining ingredients, including the Nuggets, and mix together.
- To make homemade vegan mayonnaise, add the chickpeas, vinegar, lemon juice, mustard, xylitol and seasoning into the jug of a hand held blender. Add the avocado, if using. Blitz until thick and creamy.
- With the head of the blender still in the jug, start pouring the oil in while lifting it up and down until the oil emulsifies with the rest of the ingredients. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Add the mayonnaise to the salad bowl and mix through.
*Reduce cooking time if the Nuggets have defrosted.
Visit our website here