Hugh McGivern has been a chef for 30 years working all over the world. From Michelin restaurants in London to the personal chef to Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson and His Majesty King Abdullah II of Jordan where he also cooked for Barack Obama and most of the European Royal Families.
He is passionate about and heavily involved in nutrition and for the last 6 years he has been developing recipes for people with dementia, with the backing of 3 English Universities. His love of food stretches to the 4 corners of this earth and the specialities associated with each of them.
Working with Hugh we have put together a selection of some of his dishes for you to try and enjoy. Here’s Hugh’s easy pizza dough recipe and why not follow up with his delicious Tomato Pizza Topping.
This is probably the easiest pizza dough recipe and makes a 1kg mix
- 650g Italian 00 flour (Pasta flour)
- 7g sachet of instant yeast
- 2 tsp salt
- 25ml olive oil
- 50ml warm milk
- 325ml warm water
- Simply add all the ingredients to a food mixer with a dough hook attachment and mix slowly for 2 minutes then for 4 minutes on medium fast.
- Remove hook and cover with a cloth, leave somewhere warm to prove and double in size.
- After it has risen remove from the bowl and knock back; this is where you knock out all the air.
- Chop into 5 x 200g balls and roll out into 30cm circles and it’s now ready to add your favourite toppings.
Tomato Pizza Topping
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic crushed to a paste
- 1 dessertspoon of olive oil
- 500g tinned chopped tomatoes
- 100g tomato paste
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 50g caster sugar
- 50ml white wine vinegar
- Salt & Pepper
- In a large pan over a medium heat add the oil and the chopped onion and cook for 5 minutes. Add the crushed garlic and cook for a further 1 minute. Reduce the heat and add the tomato paste and cook for 2 minutes stirring continuously. Then add the chopped tomatoes and oregano, reduce the heat to a simmer and cover with a tight fitting lid.
- In a small saucepan bring the sugar and vinegar to the boil then add to the tomato sauce, season well and allow to cool before using.
- Spread the tomato sauce over the prepared pizza base, add your favourite toppings, bake at 200 degrees and ENJOY!