Anita Barrett embarked on her Cake Business in 2014, following her passion for baking and cake design. Having worked for over 30 years in the Hotel & Catering Industry, including Hotel Management, Director of Catering in Private Education & Food Hygiene / Health & Safety & Craft Trainer, Anita was eager to follow her main passion. Anita B Cakes website shows many examples of her Celebration Cake Business. Anita is based in Wiltshire but also now delivers, due to demand, to Hampshire, Dorset, Gloucestershire, Staffordshire and Somerset.
Naked Wedding Cakes are the hottest trend in the Wedding Industry, and due to the exposed sponge they give a very Rustic feel to the Cake design.
The lack of icing does not take away the beauty, as they can be adorned with fresh fruit and flowers to complement the style of the Wedding.
Recipe for an 8″ Vanilla Madeira Cake
- 454g Butter
- 454g Castor Sugar
- 9 Eggs Large
- 5 Milk Tbsp
- 3 Vanilla Essence Tsp
- 605g SR Flour
- 75 Baking Powder Tsp
Anita is sharing her Naked Wedding Cake Recipe, the upcoming trend for Wedding Cake style.
- Grease and line an 8″ deep round cake tin, and put a couple of layers of newspaper around the outside. Pre-heat oven to Fan 150 degrees.
- Cream butter until soft
- Add castor Sugar and beat until light and fluffy
- Scrape down sides of bowl and beat again
- Add all the eggs, vanilla Essence, flour and baking powder and beat well.
- Scrape down sides of bowl and beat.
- Add milk, a tablespoon at a time until a smooth batter, not too runny, is achieved.
- Pour into cake tin, making a well in the centre and cover with 3 circles of greaseproof paper
- Place on a sheet of newspaper in the centre of the oven for 1hr 55 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean (ovens may vary).
- Remove from the tin immediately and leave to cool on a wire rack.
- Cut into desired number of slices once completely cool.
- Fill with choice of jam and buttercream
So, a BIG thank you from the team at H&C News to Anita for her recipe and if you want more here’s Anita’s website, enjoy!