Vegetarian Foodservice Recipe: Prawnless Teriyaki Stir fry
Recent research shows that more than 5% of the UK population are vegetarian, that’s 3 million diners. These diners need vegetarian menu options and frequent the venues that provide vegetarian menu options.
Fry’s Family Foods help you to provide vegetarian menu options not just through delicious and nutritious vegetarian food products, with easy to follow menu ideas too.
Serves 4, Cooking time 25 minutes, Vegan
- 1 packet Fry’s Battered Prawn-Style Pieces
- 200g Egg-free noodles
- 4 tbsp sunflower or vegetable oil
- 1 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 red chillies, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 2 cm piece ginger, finely chopped
- 3 cups of stir fried vegetables
- 100 gr bean sprouts
- 45 ml Teriyaki Sauce
- A good handful of salted cashew nuts, lightly toasted & spring onions to garnish
- Place the vegan noodles in boiling water and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Then drain. Heat a large wok on a medium heat with the oil and when hot add the garlic, chillies and ginger.
- Cook, stirring all the time and then add in the noodles with a little of the water. Turn up the heat.
- Add the vegetables. Now add the bean sprouts. Stir well. Turn off the heat. In a separate pan, lightly fry the prawns in some plain oil until golden brown.
- Toss the prawns with the vegetables; add the cashew nuts and spring onions.
Visit our website here