Vegetarian Foodservice Recipe: Rainbow Sandwich
Recent research shows that more than 5% of the UK population are vegetarian, that’s 3 million diners. These diners need vegetarian menu options and frequent the venues that provide vegetarian menu options.
Fry’s Family Foods help you to provide vegetarian menu options not just through delicious and nutritious vegetarian food products, with easy to follow menu ideas too.
Cooking time 12 minutes
- 2 Fry’s Chicken-Style Burgers
- 1 small ripe avocado, peeled and stoned
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 4 thick slices multigrain or rye bread
- 1 lettuce leaf, shredded
- 1 small beetroot, washed and grated
- 1 small carrot, peeled and grated
- 4 sliced tomato or ¼ finely sliced red pepper
- Small handful of snow peas or alfalfa sprouts
Prepare Fry’s burger using on pack instructions and set aside.
Place avocado in a bowl. Add lemon juice, season with salt and pepper and mash with a fork until smooth. Place bread on a board and spread with avocado mixture. Top 2 slices of bread with Fry’s burger, lettuce, beetroot, carrot, tomato or pepper and top with a few snow peas or alfalfa sprouts. Top remaining bread. Cut in half, wrap and pack.
Visit our website here