Vegetarian Foodservice Recipe: ‘Boerie Pretzel Roll’
Recent research shows that more than 5% of the UK population are vegetarian, that’s 3 million diners. These diners need vegetarian menu options and frequent the venues that provide vegetarian menu options.
Fry’s Family Foods help you to provide vegetarian menu options not just through delicious and nutritious vegetarian food products, with easy to follow menu ideas too.
Prep time: 30 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
- Asian Chakalaka
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled, ends trimmed and grated
- ½ red pepper, deseeded and roughly chopped
- ½ green pepper, deseeded and roughly chopped
- ½ yellow pepper, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tsp (10 ml) fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1 tsp (5 ml) lemongrass, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- ½ small red cabbage
- 1 tin baked beans
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) Sriracha
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) soy sauce Juice of 1 lime
- 1 packet Fry’s Braai Sausages
- 4 pretzel rolls
- 1 packet Watercress
- Drizzle a little oil into a heated frying pan and fry the onions, carrot and peppers.
- Once softened, add the garlic, ginger, lemongrass and chilli.
- Fry for 1 minute then add the cabbage.
- After another minute, add the baked beans, Sriracha, soy sauce and lime juice and allow to combine over the heat for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and leave to stand.
- Brush the Fry’s Braai Sausages with olive oil and braai over hot coals until golden brown.
- Slice the rolls, brush with olive oil and toast over the coals.
Place a Fry’s Braai Sausage on a bed of watercress on one half of a toasted roll, cover with a generous portion of chakalaka and then top with the other half of the roll. Repeat with the rest of the Fry’s Braai Sausages and rolls.
Visit our website here