Casual Dining show, which returns to the Business Design Centre, in London, next week on 22-23 February, has announced a record 40 entries for its Innovation Challenge Awards, which recognises the best products and solutions launched in the casual dining sector over the last twelve months.
Reflecting the highly competitive nature of the casual dining sector, the number of new product entries – including food, drink, equipment and technology – has almost doubled for the 2017 awards.
Kraft Heinz Foodservice, McCain Foodservice, Rational UK, New York Bakery, Moy Park Foodservice, JDM Food Group, and Freedom Brewery are among the 37 exhibitors looking to win over the visiting buyers to secure their place in the Innovation Challenge final.
Voting opens at the Innovation Challenge Gallery (on the Upper Feature Level) from 10am on the show’s opening day and will run until 4pm. The 15 exhibitors to have secured the most votes will then be invited to ‘pitch’ their new innovations to a panel of industry judges (and an audience full of visiting buyers) the following day. Pitches start at 11am in the Executive Centre, with the results to be announced at 1.30pm, on Thursday 23 February.
The rise in entries for 2017 has also prompted the need for more judges. The new 10-strong panel (up from three judges last year) now includes big name buyers from Casual Dining Group, Jamie’s Italian, TGI Friday’s, Fuller’s, Gourmet Burger Kitchen, Young’s and Geronimo Pubs, The Restaurant Group, Nando’s, Côte Restaurants and Anglian Country Inns.
Companies hoping their products will come away with a coveted ‘Gold Award’ include:
- 3S POS – Hospitality EPOS: 3S POS Online Food Ordering System
- Adande Refrigeration: Adande A+ Fridge
- Advance Catering Equipment: Smart Kitchens
- Ascentia FSE: F1 High Speed Oven
- Bannisters’ Farm: Baked Sweet Potato Skins
- Bar Foods: Moroccan Lamb One-Pot
- Beacon Foods: Juice-it
- Chef’s Pass: Chef’s Pass Bouillon Paste Range & Chef’s Pass Smokey Range
- Debic: Debic Culinaire Original
- Double Dutch Drinks: Double Dutch Pomegranate & Basil
- Europastry: Crystal Beer Sourdough Burger Bun
- Fire Grain: Fire Grain’s Freekeh
- Freedom Brewery: Freedom Organic Helles Lager
- Fresh Organic Products: AQUA Carpatica
- Island Oasis: Island Oasis Frozen Beverage Solution
- JDM Food Group: Just Add Condiments
- Joe Delucci’s Gelato: Joe Delucci’s Blood Orange Gelato & Joe Delucci’s Mulberry Gelato
- Kafoodle: Kafoodle’s Labelling
- Karma Cola: Karma Cola Co
- Kerry Foods: Kerrymaid Ready-to-use Sauces
- Kraft Heinz Foodservice: Heinz No Added Sugar Beans
- L’Aquila: Sorriso Vegan Basil Pesto with Tofu
- Lutosa: Mini Pom’ Churros
- McCain Foodservice: McCain Signatures Staycrisp Fries
- Memberoo: Memberoo
- Morgenrot: Ceriux Rubia
- Moy Park Foodservice: Moy Park Foodservice Smoky BBQ Chicken Shanks
- New York Bakery: Croll
- Pizza Equipment: Next Phase Delivery Bags
- Rational UK: RATIONAL SelfCookingCenter XS
- Roberts Bakery: Bakery Thins
- Robot-Coupe UK: Robot Cook
- Speciality Breads: Scioche (Original)
- Surgital: Amichetti Laboratorio Kids
- Whitby Seafoods: Whitby Seafoods Ancient Grains Scampi
- Wing Yip: Evaporated Coconut Milk & Sweetened Condensed Coconut Milk
- Yumpingo: Yumpingo – Food intelligence
For further information on the entries, the 2017 online Show Guide is now available here
“Casual dining is a fantastic exhibition and an incredible opportunity to meet new suppliers and experience innovative products and ingredients. It is also a great way to connect with other business leaders and share ideas and challenges within the hospitality industry. I am very much looking forward to this year’s show!” says Sam Elliott, chef director at Jamie’s Italian.
Casual Dining – the multi-award winning event for the UK’s casual dining operators, including restaurants, pubs and bars, will take place at the Business Design Centre, in Islington, London, on 22-23 February 2017.
For more information click here
For full details and timings click here
Casual Dining will return to the Business Design Centre, in Islington, London, on 22-23 February 2017. For more information and to register for a free trade ticket click here, and use priority code CD30.