Vegetarian Foodservice Recipe: Meat Free Lanieres De Poulet
Recent research shows that more than 5% of the UK population are vegetarian, that’s 3 million diners. These diners need vegetarian menu options and frequent the venues that provide vegetarian menu options.
Fry’s Family Foods help you to provide vegetarian menu options not just through delicious and nutritious vegetarian food products, with easy to follow menu ideas too.
Cooking time 40 minutes
- 1 box Fry’s Chicken-Style Strips
- 1 packet braai charcoal
- Mint and thyme
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 teaspoon Robertson’s Spice for Rice
- 1 cup mushroom, chopped
- ½ cup mild or hot peri-peri sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- Pinch black pepper
- Mixed vegetables
- Mix strips with mint and thyme.
- Wrap in foil and put on hot coals for 4 minutes.
- Melt margarine in a pan. Cook onions and mushroom.
- Add ½ a cup of peri-peri sauce and simmer for 1 minute.
- Add a pinch of pepper.
- Cook rice, flavour with Spice for Rice.
- Braise vegetables in a scoop of margarine.
Visit our website here