Gerry Hooper, CEO Zapper UK, gives examples of how Zapper is future-proofing food service in thousands of venues across the UK – it’s so much more than just a mobile payment app.
1. Automatically reward loyal customers with in-app offers to boost repeat visits
Zapper Rewards has arrived! It’s great because it’s a simple and seamless way of gratifying loyal customers, encouraging further visits and building brand loyalty.
2. Reduce queuing times with faster payments using a Zapper only lane
Go Burrito in Lancaster love Zapper so much, they have installed a Zapper only lane in their restaurant to serve more customers in their lunchtime rush! By simply scanning a Zapper QR code on an S-PAC (digital tablet at counter), users quickly pay for their set meal deal and go.
3. Save money with competitive card processing fees and reduce PDQ terminals
The Crescent Pub in Salford has a £5 min. CC spend. By using Zapper, customers can buy a pint at a time (less than £5 spend) so both the venue and user avoid the charges. Max’s Bar & Brasserie have reduced their PDQ’s and several venues have even removed them completely eg Noodle Bar.
4. Accept major credit card and PayPal payments without a PDQ machine
Cake Studio in the Isle of Man and Just Prep’d in Preston are small businesses and to save costly credit card charges, users scan a unique static QR code on their Facebook page. Once payment has been processed, the venues receive email confirmation and orders are made.
5. Attract nearby customers using Z-Beacons
Caffe Concerto have a cluster of sites in a small radius. The Z-Beacon alerts ensure customers who use the app in one venue receive offers in other venues when nearby.
6. Alert nearby Zapper users about deals, events and special menus using Z-Beacons
The Patchwork Café on The Isle of Man uses Zapper’s Z-Beacon technology to promote their weekly film night every Thursday.
7. Respond to customer comments using Zapper’s instant Rate & Review feature
One restaurant had great average reviews but found out they had toilet troubles when one customer left a private comment via the in-app rate and review feature.
8. Accept Zapper transactions when out and about with a visible Zapper QR code
Melted in Portsmouth, have added Zapper branding to their delivery van for simpler, smarter and quicker on-the-go payments. Anne Pierce, CEO of the charity Springboard had a great response accepting donations in Peru when using a static Zapper QR code on a sticker.
9. Speed up service with the Zapper QR code added to placemats for anytime payment
Noodle Bar in Bournemouth is one of Zapper’s top transacting sites, with 45% customer reuse. They use laminated co-branded tablemats with a large Static QR code and illustrate exactly how to use the app for faster payments.
10. Save time, money and the environment by using digital Zapper vouchers
When Leicester City won the Premier league we printed flyers with a unique Clipping voucher QR code offering 15% off in 9 restaurants. A great way of advertising to the masses and ensuring a seamless voucher redemption by the consumer when dining out.
For more information about Zapper click here