With its full Keynote seminar line-up now confirmed, a raft of high-profile brands and industry leaders are preparing to share their expertise with over 4,000 visitors from across the UK’s multiple restaurant and pub group sector at next month’s Casual Dining show.
Returning to the Business Design Centre in Islington, London, on 24-25 February, the multi-award winning trade event will feature an exclusive interview with Wagamama’s chief executive David Campbell. He’ll be discussing his experiences in the UK casual dining sector, overseas expansion, site selection, staff retention and their plans for the future with Peter Martin, VP of CGA Peach.
Keith Bird, chief operating officer at Gourmet Burger Kitchen, Paul Pavli, operations director of Punch Taverns, Kate Nicholls, chief executive of the Association of Licensed Multiple Retailers, Mark McQuater, chief executive of Revolution Bars Group, Martin Morales, founder of Ceviche, Mark Linehan, managing director of the Sustainable Restaurant Association, and David McDowall, MD of Bars at BrewDog complete the 17-strong, two-day seminar programme.
Free Casual Dining Keynote Theatre
Some of the biggest names in casual dining will be speaking at this year’s show. Full timings and seminar summaries will be available here.
Wednesday 24 February
- Peter Backman, MD of Horizons: Casual dining – where next?
- Exclusive interview with Simon Kossoff, co-founder and chairman of Carluccio’s (feat. Peter Martin, VP of CGA Peach)
- David McDowall, MD of Bars at BrewDog: The BrewDog Charter and our retail strategy
- Mark McCulloch, founder and group CEO of WE ARE Spectacular: Market to hoodies or die – how to engage generation ‘me’ as customers and as employees
- The Sustainable Restaurant Association Panel (chaired by Mark Linehan, MD of The SRA): Fair pay – are we at a tipping point?
- Kate Nicholls, chief executive of the ALMR: Murder on the high street
- Mark McQuater, chief executive of Revolution Bars Group: Adapting, changing and growing
- The Training in Pubs Panel (chaired by Anthony Pender, chairman of The British Institute of Innkeeping and MD of Yummy Pub Co)
- Keith Bird, chief operating officer at Gourmet Burger Kitchen: The win win of the better burger market
Thursday 25 February
- Jamie Campbell, account director at CGA Peach: View From The Top – findings from the 2016 CGA Peach Business Leaders’ Survey
- Steve Richards, chief executive officer at Casual Dining Group: Refreshing a brand
- Exclusive interview with Luke Johnson, chairman of Risk Capital Partners (feat. Paul Charity, managing director of Propel Info)
- Martin Morales, founder of Ceviche: How to build a hot independent restaurant group
- Paul Pavli, operations director at Punch Taverns: Concept and brand development – delivering and execution in a tenanted pub estate
- Exclusive interview with David Campbell, chief executive of Wagamama (feat. Peter Martin, VP of CGA Peach)
Thousands of key buyers and decision makers from many of the country’s biggest casual dining pub groups and restaurant chains, hotels, contract caterers, and independent operators have already registered to attend. Among them are big brands like Admiral Taverns, Casual Dining Group, Ed’s Easy Diner, Enterprise Inns, Fuller’s, GBK, Greene King, Hilton, Jamie’s Italian, JD Wetherspoon, La Tasca, Loungers, Mitchells and Butlers, Nando’s, Oakman Inns, Pho, Pizza Express, Pizza Hut, Spirit Pub Company, Strada, TGI Friday’s, TRG, Wagamama, Wahaca, Whitbread, Yo Sushi, and Zizzi.
“It’s great to finally have a trade show dedicated to our industry – it’s a really worthwhile visit,” says Steve Holmes, CEO of Ask Italian and Zizzi.
Casual Dining returns to the Business Design Centre in London on 24-25 February 2016, with 170 exhibiting companies showcasing a vibrant choice of food and drink, equipment, interior design, furniture, table top, technology and services.
For more information, and to register for a free trade ticket click here