Scottish craft brewery, BrewDog, celebrated its AGM last weekend, with over 6,000 Equity Punks (BrewDog fans who invested in the brewery as part of its record-breaking crowdfunding scheme Equity for Punks) attending its rip-roaring celebration of beer, food and music.
Co-founders James Watt and Martin Dickie were on stage to deliver the financial reports for 2014 as well as announce a series of exciting developments for 2015 and beyond. As you’d expect, there’s a lot going on…
Bar and concept plans
- New concept bar ShuffleDog: Next month, BrewDog will be launching ShuffleDog in Leeds. A draught-only BrewDog bar decked out with four shuffleboard tables, vintage arcade games and pinball machines. ShuffleDog Leeds is the first of BrewDog’s concept bars that will be rolling out from 2015
- Concept bar DogTap: This concept started with BrewDog’s tap-room at its Ellon brewery. BrewDog will be expanding the concept to smaller cities and towns in the UK. The next generation of DogTaps will only sell BrewDog beer, tailored perfectly for smaller spaces
- Concept shop BottleDog: BrewDog’s first bottle shop, BottleDog opened in King’s Cross, London last spring. The brewery will be expanding the concept to more major cities in the UK, with Edinburgh and Glasgow opening soon
- DogHouse: Located in Glasgow, Merchant City, DogHouse will be a full restaurant, BrewDog bar and the aforementioned BottleDog all under one roof
- Hot dog concept Dog Eat Dog: Dog Eat Dog will serve hot dogs alongside amazing craft beers from all over the world. The first will be opening in Islington, London in the near future
- Coffee and beer concept The Newington Fix: The Fix is an artisan coffee and beer bar. The bar will showcase a range of expertly sourced coffee during the day and a wide selection of craft beer in the evenings. The Newington Fix will be opening on South Clerk Street in Edinburgh, it will be BrewDog’s second site in the capital
- Aberdeen II: BrewDog has signed off on a second location in its home city of Aberdeen. The new site will be BrewDog’s flagship bar and will be located on Union Street
- International Bars: BrewDog is opening its first Norwegian bar in Oslo on 17th June. A second site has been secured in Stockholm, with Rome and Brussels due to open in a few months.
- Granite City Craft Distillery: BrewDog is shaking up the UK spirits market with the launch of Granite City Craft Distillery. Located at the Ellon brewery, BrewDog’s custom-built pot and gin stills will be used to make inventive small batch spirits using BrewDog beers as a base
- Sour Beer Facility: Following ever increasing demand, a dedicated sour beer programme is being set up. The facility will have a visitor centre where members of the public can taste the sours on location
- New brewery expansion: Work has begun converting the site adjacent to the Ellon brewery into a brand new BrewDog brewhouse. When complete, the 300HL Ziemann facility will be run in tandem with the existing 100HL site. New fermentation tanks will enable the brewery to increase capacity fivefold. At the same time, it will lead directly to the creation of over 130 additional jobs in Ellon
- Collaboration beers: BrewDog will be continuing its tradition of brewing collaboratively with craft brewers from around the world. This month, it welcomed Ballast Point from San Diego to brew a Mezcal inspired 11% strong ale. Next month, BrewDog will be working with London-based Beavertown on a collaborative brew.
For more information click here