Kenco has joined forces with Macmillan Cancer Support for the third year running to be the official coffee partner of Macmillan’s flagship fundraiser the World’s Biggest Coffee Morning 2012.
This September, over 2.5 million people will be making time for what really matters and get together to host a coffee morning as part of the World’s Biggest Coffee Morning, raising over £10 million for Macmillan.
Whether at work or with friends and family around the kitchen table, anyone can host a coffee morning to help Macmillan continue to provide vital support services which help make a real difference to the lives of people affected by cancer.
This year the World’s Biggest Coffee Morning falls on Friday 28 September, but hosts can take part whenever suits.
Kenco hopes to build on the £120,000 they helped raise last year, which was enough to pay for a Macmillan nurse for more than two years or to fund one of Macmillan’s new community based rehabilitation support teams.
Whether a coffee morning raises £20, £200 or £2,000, it is really easy to get involved and make a huge difference. Taking part is easy. Hosts can simply:
- Register online – Once registered, you will receive lots of support and information about how to make your coffee morning a great success. Look out on the website for a chance to win a luxury coffee morning for your workplace courtesy of Kenco – further details coming soon.
- Choose a date. Officially it’s Friday 28th September, but have your coffee morning when it suits you best!
- Invite friends and work colleagues to give some time for what really matters: conversation and, most of all, a small donation to Macmillan
It’s so easy, here are some tricks of the trade to make your coffee morning a great success…
- We’re all busy, so why not hold a coffee morning at work? You don’t need to spend any time preparing your house and you can get the whole team involved to help with the baking or cake buying
- Give without even giving! Make sure you buy Kenco for your special guests as Kenco are donating money directly to Macmillan
- Hold a sweepstake or competition to help raise extra money. Who can bake the best Victoria sponge or eat a doughnut without licking their lips?
- Finished with your latest jar of coffee? Why not re-use it to collect spare change? You could use it to buy the treats for your coffee morning.
- Did you know, a Kenco jar filled with pound coins will raise enough to fund a Macmillan nurse for one day?
Raise a cup of Kenco for a good cause
For people living with cancer, the difference between a good day and a bad day can often come down to really small things. Getting answers on something you’re worrying about. Finding out you can get some financial support. Or just having a chat with someone who understands.
With your help, Macmillan can help thousands more people have a good day. Whether you’re raising pounds or pennies, every little bit counts. So get together, put a smile on your mugs, and help make a huge difference to people living with cancer.
£25 could pay for a Macmillan nurse for an hour,
£70 could help run a large Macmillan information and support centre for an hour.
£184 could pay for a Macmillan Nurse | for a working day.
£333 could pay for a Macmillan Grant that helps a family affected by cancer take a holiday and enjoy precious time together.
To see more information from Kenco Professional click on the image or text link below