Whether it is a classic full English, or a dainty egg and avocado muffin, no breakfast is complete without golden potato rosti’s on the side. Now, thanks to Shibden Mill Inn, one of the Great Inns of Britain, you can try your hand at making your very own ‘fluffy on the inside, crispy on the outside’ rosti’s with head chef, Darren Parkinson’s delicious recipe – ideal to enjoy at breakfast or as a light lunch.re
- 4 large waxy red potatoes
- 100g butter
- 50g duck fat
- Salt & pepper
- Firstly, parboil the potatoes with the skins on until soft but not breaking apart.
- When cooked, take out of the water and leave to cool before placing in the fridge and leaving for 2 hours.
- With a cheese grater, grate the potatoes into a mixing bowl and mix in the melted butter & duck fat and season with salt & pepper.
- Heat a large frying pan and add a little oil, take a hand full of potato mix and lightly fry in the pan for 10 minutes until golden brown, turn over and repeat on the other side until cooked.
- Serve for breakfast with scramble eggs or light lunch with smoked salmon, salad and cream cheese.